Rehabilitation Instruction Division
Rehab instruction relays techniques and skills that strengthen one's sense of capability and enables independent functioning, despite visual disability.
The service is provided with full funding by the Ministry of Social Affairs and the local authority, for people of all ages in every part of the country, wherever the person needs it: in the person's home and neighborhood, or where s/he works or studies. In settings such as service centers or senior citizens' homes, instruction is given in groups, in conjunction with a multi-disciplinary professional team.
Rehabilitation instruction focuses on the following areas of functioning:
· Orientation and mobility at home and beyond
· Self-care – getting dressed, personal hygiene, eating and taking medication
· Preparing light meals, cooking and domestic chores
· Use of computer and telephone
· Advancing babies and toddlers including advising parents and professionals
· Recreation and leisure
· Preparedness for emergency situations